'Farne Cottage', High Street4 bedroom detached cottage for sale
'Farne Cottage' is a substantial four double bedroom, three bathroom family home occupying a large south west facing plot within the most beautiful setting.
The property is situated at the end of a long sweeping private driveway that takes you well off the High Street.
Internally the property boasts in the region of 1,900 sq ft of well proportioned and versatile accommodation. On the ground floor you have an entrance porch, living room with a recently installed log burner, great size dining room, family room with wonderful vaulted ceiling, good size kitchen/breakfast room with direct countryside views, large walk in pantry, utility room and a shower room. There are two separate staircases to access the first floor.
On the first floor you will find four double bedrooms, refitted shower room, refitted family bathroom and a large walk in storage cupboard.
Outside the property sits fairly centrally within a large south west facing plot with open countryside running next to the whole length of the plot. There is also a detached double garage and extensive off road parking.
There are outstanding countryside views from most of the rooms and the scenery looks amazing at all times of the year.
The current owners have made many improvements in recent years to include a whole new thatched roof, replacement windows throughout, refitted two of the bathrooms and installed a new log burner in the main living room.
The original part of the cottage dates back around 400 years with more recent extensions to create a substantial family home. There are character features throughout so you will never be bored of the internal scenery.
This home really does have everything that you could wish for - the space inside, large gardens, double garage, lots of parking, stunning views and the most amazing location!
- Porch (7'5" x 5'6")
- Living Room (18'5" x 14'7")
- Dining Room (14'5" x 11'1" excluding recess)
- Family Room (17'10" x 10'3" excluding recesses)
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (19'3" x 11'7" max)
- Utility Room (6'8" x 6'5")
- Pantry (7'10" x 6'5")
- Shower Room (6'5" x 4'5")
- Bedroom One (15'5" x 10'4")
- Bedroom Two (14'3" x 11'4")
- Bedroom Three (14'3" x 7'10" max)
- Bedroom Four (10'5" x 8'1" excluding recess)
- Bathroom (7'9" x 7'7")
- Shower Room (7'7" x 3'3")
- Four double bedrooms
- Three large reception rooms and a 19' kitchen/breakfast room
- Walk in pantry and separate utility room
- Bathroom and two shower rooms
- Many recent improvements
- Mains gas central heating
- Detached double garage and extensive parking
- Large south west facing plot that runs adjacent to open countryside
- Stunning open views from most rooms
- Sought after north Bedfordshire village location