Elevation are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Elevation of Beechwood House, 9 Whittle Court, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes, MK5 8FT. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Hayley Milne.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site [elevationestateagents.com] (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register with us, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photographs of your property.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
o technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
o information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
• Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected the data if we intend to share the data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us. We will use this information:
o to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
o to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that we feel are relevant to you;
o to notify you about changes to our service;
o to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
o to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
o to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
o to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
o as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
o to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
• Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
• credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score [where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
• If Elevation or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Elevation Head Office, Beechwood House, 9 Whittle Court, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes, MK5 8FT or firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.